Monday, June 30, 2014

Determination

By Mark vonAppen

I love what I do through the blogging and writing because I have a vehicle to help people express, or perhaps, rediscover their passion for the craft of firefighting.  It's truly a privilege.  Not only do I have a rewarding career as a firefighter, where I get to help people, but I also get to travel the country and meet people who share the same passion for service.

I do it to offer all of us a voice.  
It's about determination. Take control of it before it takes control of you.
All of this is just talk unless we put actions behind our words.  We have to determine our ending by taking control of that which we can control before it takes control of us.  Talk is cheap, inspiring conversation, and raising awareness are just wasted time if we don't take steps to ensure we hold one another accountable to a standard, our standard.  Ours is a standard where complacency is not tolerated, where we believe that excellence is our responsibility, and people truly come first.

Do your job.
Treat people right.
Give all out effort.
Have an all in attitude.

It's about starting small and implementing change one person at a time.  It's about determination. Promises make friends, but performance keeps them.  Start the movement in your firehouse.

Take control of it before it takes control of you.











No comments:

Post a Comment